Electrical Department Manager
Supervise Electrical Department employees and oversee the safe installation and maintenance of all interior and exterior electrical systems to include but not limited to: Ski lift power and controls, snowmaking power and controls, power lines and underground medium voltage (5KV through 15KV) power distribution, building low voltage (120 through 480) power distribution, lighting power and controls, building management controls, fire alarm systems, security systems, water systems power and controls, data and voice cabling.
• Installation, testing and maintenance of digital and analog fire alarm systems.
• Installation and maintenance of medium voltage power distribution systems (5KV through 15KV)
• Installation and maintenance of low voltage building power distribution system (120 through 480)
• Installation and maintenance of low voltage lighting controls
• Use of preventive maintenance techniques such as infrared thermography, meg-ohm meter testing and other types of preventive maintenance testing
• Troubleshooting industrials controls systems including but not limited to PLCs, VFDs and DC motor drives
• Installation and testing of copper and fiber optic network cabling systems
• Installation and maintenance or security cameras, door card readers and other security related systems
• Familiarity with complex Building Management Systems (BMS)
• Experience implementing energy savings projects
Directly supervises 3 employees in the Electrical Department. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Four year college or university program certificate; 6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Vermont Master Electricians License
• Vermont Fire Alarm TQP
• Valid Vermont Driver’s License
• OSHA 30 certificate preferred OSHA 10 required
• NFPA 70E certificate
Jay Peak Resort offers competitive wages and a full range of fringe benefits including group health insurance, 401k, life insurance and employee discounts at the resort.
Interested candidates can find out additional information and apply at jaypeakresort.com/jobs, or by mailing cover letter, resume and 3 references to Human Resources, Jay Peak Resort, 830 Jay Peak Road, Jay VT 05859. Jay Peak Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer